Blue Butcher is a NYC style restaurant & bar bringing our customers an array of meat, carefully hand sourced right down to the farm and the breed from around the World. Cooked and handled with the knowledge and care only found in the best butcheries and restaurants, we pride ourselves on serving food in a style that is often forgotten when eating out. Big plates and big cuts to share, produce and flavours that talk for themselves… our aim is simple, to bring back what cooking and eating is all about.
Blue Butcher is the only restaurant equipped with a walk-in pink salt dry aging room in Hong Kong. With our philosophy taken from years of history and tradition, we prepare, bake, age, and hang everything in-house using age-old recipes blended with modern techniques. In addition, we support the local farm to table tradition; our Chefs pick the freshest produce and herbs from local organic farms.
Our cocktail list, also taking the same approach, consists of prohibition influenced cocktails with a meaty molecular twist. Our expert mixologist’s go right down to the bone when handcrafting your drinks. Traditional in-house infused liquors and bitters are poured over extra large cubes of ice and hand selected cut crystal glasses ensuring you have some of the best tasting cocktails in the city.
Upon entering our restaurant, you feel as though you have just taken a step back in time with antiques and old dark railway decor. Our nostalgic ambiance coupled with our young friendly hipster staff will make you feel like you have just stepped off the F train in the Lower East Side of Manhattan in the 1920s.
Blue Butcher is not just a restaurant, it’s an experience.
– Foodie Forks Awards – Readers’ Choice, Chef of the Year 2013 Danny Chaney (Blue Butcher)
– Foodie Forks Awards – Readers’ Choice, Most Lethal Mixologist 2013 Suraj Gurung (Blue Butcher)
– Best Cocktails — Asia Tatler 2013 (Blue Butcher)
– Best Restaurant — Asia Tatler 2013 (Blue Butcher)
– Best New Restaurant — Eat & Travel Guide 2013 (Blue Butcher)
– ‘One restaurant that the concierge expects to be at the top of virtually everyone’s “must try” dining list over the next few months is Blue Butcher.’ — Gafencu Men June 2012 (Blue Butcher)
– Restaurant of the fortnight — Time Out June 2012 (Blue Butcher)
– ‘We love the spaciousness, the industrial railway elements and the way the decor transports us to Prohibition-era New York City.’ — Crave HK July 2012 (Blue Butcher)
– ‘This is the coolest, tastiest and most well developed restaurant Hong Kong has seen in a long time.’ — FOODIE July 2012 (Blue Butcher)
– ‘Kick-ass new libations. Blue Butcher may be best known for its premium meats but this Manhattan-inspired restaurant and bar also slings killer cocktails like the house favorite Apple Moonshine.’ — Time Out HK October 2012 (Blue Butcher)
– A+ rating by Chinese celebrity food critic, Susie Wong (Blue Butcher)